PHYTOARK, SWITZERLAND’S UNIQUE TECHNOLOGY SITE
PhytoArk is a technology site specialising in the commercial development and pilot production of natural ingredients, particularly alpine plants. These natural ingredients are used in high-added-value products such as cosmetics, health foods and plant-based pharmaceuticals.
PhytoArk is an integral part of the strategy of The Ark. Based on the Agroscope Changins-Wädenswil research campus in the region of Sion-Conthey, it is ideally situated in the heart of Valais, a canton that accounts for almost 70% of Switzerland’s production of aromatic and medicinal plants.
PhytoArk provides support for companies, start-ups and researchers in the commercial exploitation and development of products based on natural ingredients, via:
- a 1500m2 building and customised services for companies;
- a technology platform, managed in partnership with the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland Valais, drawing together several leading-edge technologies for the extraction and purification of natural ingredients on a semi-industrial scale;
- the “PhytoSpark Library ”, an Alpine plant library and a source of innovations;
- a specialist skills network;
- special events, networking and promotional activities in Switzerland and elsewhere.